Monday, August 1, 2011

When you Least expect it

How quickly life can change...in a blink! It is already 6 months ago since Gavin and I got married and I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by. Last year I was still in the frame of mind of what ever happens happens and I decided to be in a space of contentment and peace - to embrace life and love it, no matter what.

As I sit here and think back to then, it amazes me that life can change so quickly. The moment you let go and let happen a whole new world can open to you and boy did that happen. I was at 35 years of age and having those crazy feelings (as i am sure some of you have had) of life is not going to happen for me in the way I want it to. I felt that life was forcing me to walk a path that I didn't want or choose. I was so wrong...looking back, and I guess that is always the beauty of hindsight, I can see that my life has taken the path it was meant to take in every way. The heartache that I have felt with the loss of a loved one, the heartache of loneliness and the moments of sheer joy. These are all important moments in what is called my journey. And as I sit here today I am greatful for every moment. I sit with a humble heart and again realise that we as humans have to enjoy the process we call life, the process that is our life and not let anything take away from the beauty of all our experiences - whether they be easy or tough. I am thankful for the person I have become today and the life I have lead and the life that I have!

I have met and married the most wonderful, gentle kind man - and had I Strived in the past to make it happen, make a relationship happen as I have done (as most of us have done before) I would not be sitting where I am now with the man that is truly my soulmate. I have the privilege of being married to my best friend - a prayer and desire that I have had for so many years. Thank you God for the gift that is my Husband, thank you for giving me the man that makes me totally happy ... thank you for giving me a life with a man that I can share joy, laughter as well as tears and heart felt moments. My life is exactly where it should be and let me try to not forget that - May I keep my focus on that which is a blessing all the time. We so often think that because things (relationships, children) seem to have taken so long that we have perhaps missed out on something - but I realise again that timing is everything and therefore I have missed nothing. There is an amazing future ahead, filled with much joy and blessing and God does know the desires of ones heart...Trust in Him and put your hope in Him.

My lesson that I had to learn was let go and let be - Trust God and that He knows and has the best for me. This is a lesson I am still learning and wanting to walk in...some days it is easier than others - but i reckon it is the best way! Wish me "luck" as I continue to live by this: Let go and let be!

1 comment:

Gavin Walsh said...

I can truly say that the moment I met you, God's hand was on our lives. You have touched mine in a remarkable way. You believe in me, you trust me. You make me happy to be here right now. I love you. Now and always.